Existing Member?

dawesberry adventures my view of the big family adventure.

golly gosh

IRELAND | Sunday, 23 July 2006 | Views [558]

dag nabbit, i just haven't had much time on computers, which is a good thing, but not good because the things just keep happening and there becomes no way i could tell ya about it all.

as i type, megan is hopefully onboard her final flight from korea to brisbane and will then take a train to meet her ride from the last stop. I haven't really been resting well, not really really really 100% sure she made it to all destinations. but she's been good so far at getting her self around. only 16 years old!!

Steve and i are trying to get our van well listed for sale. we're now hoping that we can sell in Ireland, fly back to england near our departures from heathrow. we'll see.

Its been terrific to be in Ireland. Steve is playing lots of music, and we can go anywhere with the van. nobody minds having us in their driveway or paddock cuz we're pretty self sufficient. We've been at seamus and maire begleys all this time, but left yesterday. now in Ennis and tomorrow to Limerick for a big concert. Steve has all the connections: tomorrow we're on the door list for Sharon Shannon while they're filming their DVD. She's got a huge crew/band, it ought to be a hoot. thats the connection with Jim Murray, her guitarist. I haven't been playing as much as i had hoped, because i don't feel at all on the level with the people i am around. they've been playing all their lives, so i'm like a 4 or 5 year old. I may go to a week of summerschool, for the whistle (and maybe some dance!) at achill island (where i'll meet iseult) and there will be students of my level (4 year olds). or maybe i'm in a class by m'sef? this remains to be seen.

we're looking forward to being in Donegal with Steve Cooney. more on that later.

I've been staying in Gaeltecht regions, where Irish is the main language. of course, i'm inspired to learn it, or at least while i'm here, to pronounce it correctly. the begley's are really something like the o'beachlichs, speaking irish amongst themselves and english for our sake. I thought i was from Dingle, by way of the ashes, but the proof remains to be seen. maybe on my next trip to dingle, which i am sure will come.

bye for now, m

Tags: Culture

About maurajeanie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.