Existing Member?

Life Love & Adventure Follow my journeys around this little blue planet as I tread wearily into unknown waters, sipping on the nectars of ancient fruit trees, grappling linguistics with foreign tongues, and bathing in exotic sensations ...

Adios Giodi!

MEXICO | Friday, 22 February 2013 | Views [438]

Feeling so much better today!  I went for an early beach walk and found Bambo already at the Mexico Lindo.  The crew was having breakfast here to send off Giodi (correct spelling now), who was flying out back to Italy for a month.  So we had a refreshing swim before I got stuck into a bowl full of fruit, yoghurt and granola.  I really like Giodi and his wife Thea, he's my 'hermano de musica', and I look forward to the next time we meet, whenever that may be, so we can rock-n-roll again :)

It dawned on me as I said farewell to Giodi that I have less than a week left here myself!  It's been brilliant so far but there still a couple of things I'd like to do, so I had a quiet word to the boys and we'll see what happens.
 
The rest of the day slowly slid by as it does here.  Some more swimming, sunning and eating passed the time nicely.  I went back to the small craft shop and bought a small table runner, but there's so many beautiful things there its difficult to decide what to buy, especially for me as I don't think I'm much of a consumer at the best of times!
 
I've been slowly putting ideas, words together for a song about 'Señor chido' (Mr cool) who is a local surfing legend here. But doing it in Spanish without a guitar is tricky!  Especially trying to match rhyme and meter in a foreign language.  But it's coming along - now all I need is a melody and a groove :). Alving!?  Where are you?
 
As sunset slowly brought in the night, I headed over to Fernando's bar for a Cuba Libre and another game of chess.   I think he wanted a chance for payback, hehe.  It turned out to be a marathon (2 hrs) and we called it a draw in the end.  But I really enjoyed it so we arranged for another match tomorrow. 
 
I really have to make the most of these last few days if I can ever get off my lazy beach bum!  Who knows what's in store? :)

About mattso


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.