Existing Member?

Life Love & Adventure Follow my journeys around this little blue planet as I tread wearily into unknown waters, sipping on the nectars of ancient fruit trees, grappling linguistics with foreign tongues, and bathing in exotic sensations ...

On your mark, get set ....

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 17 May 2011 | Views [554] | Comments [3]

Well, here I go again. Its only 5 more days before I fly off to the land of the pharaohs!!  As far as possible I'll be sharing this adventure with all of you, depending on how often I get to an internet terminal, and I'm pretty sure that will be regularly :)

A colleague at work asked me, with some concern in her voice, 'So have you packed everything you'll need?' to which I said 'Oh the mozzie repellant? Yeah, got that.' Then, responding to the wide-eyed expression on her face, 'Oh you mean the bullet-proof vest? haaha, don't worry - I look like an egyptian so it shouldn't be hard to walk like one!'

Yes, I'll be safe in the hands of the Gecko's tour organisers and I'm bound for a good time! Stay tuned for tales from the desert sands!

Comments

1

Howdy Matt. Just wanted to say happy trails and don't get too much sand in your undies :) All the best mate and I look forward to hearing about your travels and experiences. Until then.....
S :)

  Steve Watson May 23, 2011 12:20 PM

2

Hope all is going well Matt and that you've perfected that pharaoh's walk! Thought of you on Monday morning flying out. Lunchtime here and a beautiful day!

  Robyn May 27, 2011 2:01 PM

3

Hi Matt - I missed seeing you off and am looking forward to receiving some instalments! Hope everything is going well - the start of winter heralded much need rain today! Try not to think of us slaving away!

  JulieD Jun 1, 2011 9:48 PM

About mattso


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.