Existing Member?

Raiders Of The Lost Kiwi The journal of two young men setting out on a journey of self harm, destruction and chaos. Hope you enjoy the show!

The begining

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 14 April 2008 | Views [215]

After a 26 hour journey we arrived into the airport like lost children and instead of our mummy's there was a massive Mauri guy - lovely bloke.

We headed straight to the hostel for some much needed beer and grub, however once our heads touched the pillow we crashed. Please do not take that lightly we were literally talking and then....... silence.

After waking up 3 times and falling asleep repeatedly we managed to fumble out the door to the Thirsty Dog (pub) and then onto the centre of Auckland. After tasting some Father Ted's lager we wound up in an Irish bar called The Fiddler - we know what you're thinking. 

We were about to leave for some sleep at around 11 when some Kiwi's approached us and started chatting balls - next thing we know its 5 in the morning, hardly spent a penny and we are smashed.

Next day was the worst day of our lives. . . .

We had to collect the camper van so we needed to loeave the hostel around 10 and get to the airport which was not close. After spending hours in a cafe we got our camper - Deirdre. Great little motor.

We then started to drive and seen as I (Pete) lost in a coin toss - the way most of our decisions have been based - we set off up north. To somewhere ........ was not sure where.

Check the photo from Auckland bridge.   

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.