Existing Member?

Tales from Here?!

Wed 29th Feb Day 21 Onward to Baños

ECUADOR | Thursday, 1 March 2012 | Views [800] | Comments [2]

Up at 6 this morning to pack. 

Taxi pick´s us up at about 8.15 at takes us the 30 minute ride to Quitumbe, the main bus terminal.  We are very suprised at how modern it is.

We make our way to the counters, that say Baños. There are 3 of them and as we approach, all 3 women start shouting at us, for our business. We go for the middle one (?), perfect timing, it is 8.55 and the bus leaves at 9. We pay our $3.50 each (about 2.50) for the 3 and a half hour bus ride. It´s quite a smart bus, but we still have the irratic, mad driver! Every time the bus stops, vendors jump on to sell their goods, crisps, drinks, ice-creams and all sorts of other delights! Then they jump off again as the bus starts to move on.

We arrive in Baños at lunch-time. We wait for the taxi driver to finish having his shoes shined, then he takes us the short distance to the digs.

We have chosen well for a change! Just on the edge of town. Lovely and clean, with a small pool. Our room has a very small balcony, with the most amazing views of the mountains. And all for $8.50 each per night.  A marked improvement on the last place!

We go for a walk around town, lots of things to do, all outdoorsy! Matt´s very happy, he could hire quad bikes, mountain bikes, buggy´s the lot!

Lot´s of food place´s to eat too. Matt has a steak and I have tacos, very nice!

Tomorrow, waterfalls, volcanoes and much more?!

We have felt a small earthquake too!! (.2 on the sphinker scale!!)

Comments

1

Is that the scale that measures the amount of poo in your pants after it has happened?
I would like to retract my comment from the last entry. Matty, I'm very proud of you for stopping smoking and you have every right (for a short time only) to be grumpy!
Love you both xxx

  Kirsty Mar 2, 2012 8:21 PM

2

sounds like the trips getting exciting now with earthquakes lets hope the don't get any stronger.

  Jane Mar 4, 2012 5:46 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.