Existing Member?

Tales from Here?!

T & T Day 3/4/5

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO | Monday, 13 February 2012 | Views [1006] | Comments [5]

Sat 11th Feb Day 3

Started off the day with lovely omelette and homemade bread.

Spent ages writing blog, (who's idea was this?) then thought we'd we'd lost it! Aarrh! Having found it again, Netty said "I need a rum and coke".  Matt said "I need to chew a Nicorette patch!! (Still haven't given in to the baccy and no real cravings!) Good hey? We resisted though, as it was only 11 a.m. (Even in holiday mode, we draw the line at that!)

Very lazy day on the the balcony, chasing the shade, reading, playing cards and watching a cricket in the banana tree, it must have been 5 inches long, although Matt said it was 6"!).

Jean cooked for us again! We are feeling very guilty, she won't let us spend a penny (cent) if she can help it:- "You're going around the world, you need very penny you have" she say's. (Thanks Jean, you're right!)

We were then taken to a 'Catholic mass' (only 2 hours long! Rosary first, haven't done that since I was a kid. Mum would have been proud!). They do have a very good choir though, sort of service you felt like clapping along to.

Sun 12th Feb Day 4

Another slow start to the day! (8.40 a.m.) I think we must be still catching up from all the partying, before we left the UK!(?)

We thought we might go bird watching, as I'd found a sign on the local map we have of the island.  It didn't look to far away.  When we told Jean what we were going to do, she thought we were "crazy"! "You can't go walking in this heat". (Nobody seems to walk anywhere here during the day). So, yet again, we get in her car and she takes us down the road. We didn't see any birds, other than 2 herons, one of which was blue!  She then takes on a short tour of the southern part of the island to Plymouth, lots of very big houses.  (No shortage of money on this island!).

Came home to rice 'n' peas and chicken (yum). We then went in what we thought was the 'hot-tub!'How wrong can you be! It was a good way of cooling down, after having been in the car for 2 hours!  (Where were the Shirlett waiters to bring our drinks?! ).

Went up the road for an evening stroll. A lot of the bars are closed, as it it Sunday, and most of the shops close at lunch time too, that's if they open at all, (quite nice really, I thought!)  Bought a lovely fresh pineapple from street shack and come home and ate it with lovely sweet bananas. (Realised we hadn't had any fruit for nearly a week!) Maybe that's why Matt seems to have a cold coming!

Finished the day by thrashing Matt at cards again!(Crazy 8's Ruth!)

Comments

1

Glad you having such a relaxing time!!! rum and coke...and all that chicken... and having it cooked!!...sounds like heaven!

  Maria Feb 14, 2012 9:11 PM

2

Hey you two - looks like you are getting into holiday mode at last! We are all o.k here in the freezing weather, envying you. Have you booked to get to Venezuela yet?
Keep bloggin'
A and M (and the rest of the Downes' clan

  Anne "Skinny" Feb 15, 2012 3:16 AM

3

Sounds like your in the Tobago ' just liming style' already
glad Jeans doing her usual
enjoy and keep bloggin

  Jane Feb 15, 2012 4:27 AM

4

lovin the bloggin x x

  magsy Feb 16, 2012 5:03 AM

5

Sounds like your both havin the time of your life! Hope you had a really lovely birthday. Jewels xx

  Julie Price Feb 23, 2012 2:06 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Trinidad & Tobago

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.