Existing Member?

Tales from Here?!

Tobago

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO | Sunday, 12 February 2012 | Views [881] | Comments [2]

Feb 8th 2012

Left Gatwick in minus 7 degrees.  A sad farewell to our wonderful friends, Tony and Magz (and a suprise visit from Lucy, the night before at the airport hotel, nice one guys!).

An uneventful jouney, but quote of the day from the young boy in the seat in front of us "Daddy, why are we upside?" seeing the clouds below! Made us chuckle!

When trvelling always make sure you know where you are staying, thus making, getting through customs, so much easier!  Last one's through the gate, bags sat on floor all alone!  They were so fed up of waiting for us, they let us take an extra bottle of brandy through, for our hosts, as they wanted to go home!

Jean and Laudric collected us, after a little wait! and we came straight back to their round house, for a beer and bed.

First night here and it rained like you wouldn't believe and it is dry season!

Thurs 9th Day 1

Jean gave us a tour of the local area and the capital Scarborough, suprisingly small and unkempt!  Stopped for Roti's on the way back, (4 for 10 pound) good value considering we didn't need to eat again.

Evening stroll for a rum and coke, must be a shortage of coke we think, too strong (almost) even for Netty!

10th Feb Day 2

Much better sleeps (10 P.M.- 8.30) No storms last night.

Decided to go to airport to sort out flights from Trinidad to Venezuela, after taking a ticket from machine like at the meat counter in a supermarket, we sat patiently for about 20 minutes in a small air-con office, only to be told that the day we want fly out is fully booked. Every one wants to get home after Carnival.We will go to plan 'B' when we have one!!

Strolled to beach in 28 degrees in mid-day sun! Not such a good idea, with no sun cream on Netty's face, as it was vry blotchy from day before, for some reason?! and Matt forgot to sun-cream the back of his legs too!

Thinking of doing a boat trip, but do we really want to spend nearly 50 pound each , so early into our trip? Will sleep on it!

Stopped at roadside shack for lunch, Matt had 'chicken and rice' and Netty had chicken and potato roti again! Good value at just over 6 pound with a bottle of water. Neither of us could finish it!

Walked to Pigeon Point, had to pay 1.80 each to get in, but very good facilities. First swim in the Carribean Sea, nice and warm!

Twenty minute walk back, and Jean has cooked chicken and vegetable and macoroni pie! Very yummy!

Then just sat at computer for nearly 2 hours, trying to find the best way to get from Trinidad to Venezuela and catching up with emails and facebook.(How time flys, when you are having fun!)

Rum and coke night caps (fridge in room)and losts of reading on how to get to Angel Falls. Will try again tomorrow!

Comments

1

Have you taimed the dogs yet??? :) and mom and dad said the trip to the jungle is worth taking!!!
Love Jennie xxxx

  Jennie Feb 12, 2012 11:40 PM

2

Wont you be taking a ferry? that could be your boat trip!!
Baz is fine just following us around like a lost puppy.
have you got a plan B yet?
keep us informed, I keep blogging you most days.
love you loads take care.

  Jane Feb 13, 2012 8:17 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Trinidad & Tobago

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.