Existing Member?

When my ass was 26 years old...

Sydney

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 4 January 2011 | Views [478]

Bondi – The next day we took the 333 bus to Bondi beach.  The beach is huge and really busy; sort of reminded me of Southend seafront on a grander scale. 

We took a walk south to some of the smaller beaches of Tamarama and Bronte along the coastal path and had Baramundi and chips on the beach like true British toursists before heading back to Sydney Central.  That night there was a moment of fear as Matt somehow managed to change the combination on his padlock while attached to his loker with all his stuff locked inside.  After about 10 minutes of frantic attempts then managed to crack his new combination; I laughed the entire time, no doubt more Matt moments to come on this trip!

Met the coolest named dutch guy ever...Rocky Rodriguez

Boat tour day.  Headed to the harbour to catch a Captain Cook boat tour with Rocky, good views etc. North Sydney looks nice – bit greener.  Ignored the stop offs at the zoo,  islands and headed straight for the one with the recommended pub. Enjoyed a nice few beers and a bit of sun burn.

Headed back to Sydney and saw a street performance by a woman contortionist.  Sat and watched the cricket, tried to explain the rules to dutch Rocky but gave up after a fair bit of confusion. 

Cricket!! Day three of the final Ashes test and we got tickets!  Lots of barmy army around; almost like a home game i should think. We managed to get the only seats surrounded by aussies it would appear; good laugh though. 

Watched Cook and Bell both get their centruries in the sun so definately worth going. Nice to see the aussies get a pasting!

Tags: ashes, sydney

About mattandandy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.