Existing Member?

The Good Life My travel journal.

News from Antibes

FRANCE | Tuesday, 5 June 2007 | Views [3193] | Comments [7]

Me and Hannie

Me and Hannie

Right, well I am still in Antibes, and no I do not have a job yet!  But all is good in this chilled out town, the sun is shining and I am hardly sitting around twiddling my thumbs!

I just did one day of daywork last week, and the rest of the productive time was spent harassing the agencies and dock walking.  I went for a couple of interview – neither of which I was too keen on, so I am carrying on with the search.

The highlight of the week for me was a surprise visit from Han!  She had Saturday night off, so came up from La Ciota (where her boat is in the yard) and we had Saturday and Sunday together – spent a lot of time catching up, talking rubbish and exploring the amazing area that I am living in – there are some AWESOME beaches here – I need to spend more time sunning myself!  (Had a few quiet drinks on Saturday, and had an impromptu interview in the bar – not the best after a few!!)  Han is leaving for Venice this weekend, so I don’t know when we’ll see each other again, but hopefully will be in the same area at some stage during the summer.

We moved today back to The Residial – the apartment that I stayed in when I first arrived 3 weeks ago.  (Unfortunately our little spot in the old town is booked up for the rest of the summer).  My current roommates are Kirsty and Brad, and my mate Alex (from STCW in Sweden) is joining us with her sister later this week).  It’s a pretty sweet spot, with a lovely pool on the roof : )

Breaking news ***  I have been offered a job on a sailing yacht – as a cook / deckhand… - I like the sound of it, as its SAILING and its cruising around Spain, France and maybe Italy for the summer (also I’ll be in charge of the galley, and I love being in charge!) - not sure whether I am going to accept it, as I have another interview tomorrow morning and it also sounds pretty cool (motor yacht – private – sole stewardess).  So far I have only spoken to the captain on the phone but I’ll meet the deckie and chef tomorrow morning.

That’s all from me at the moment – hopefully I’ll have more news soon : )

Tags: Work

Comments

1

Such exciting news re jobs Mush! The sailing one sounds SO inviting! Looking forward to hearing more!! Yay!

  mom Jun 6, 2007 1:19 AM

2

What a fab area you are in - very envious! Great that you have had time with Han, and the job offers are coming in...go for it!
Love
Arthur

  Arthur Jun 6, 2007 6:11 AM

3

Hi Mush,

Great to hear you're having a good time and that you have seen Han a couple of times - love the photo of the 2 of you. Good luck with the job - sounds promising.

LOL Anna

  Anna Goldsmith Jun 6, 2007 7:04 AM

4

Best of luck with the interview and deciding which to take- Im sure it will all work out 100s

Keep the news flowing

  Alex Jun 6, 2007 7:42 AM

5

Hey Mush,

Congrats on the job offer, all the best for the one tomorrow ... keep us updated .. Very envious would rather be doing that than sitting in an office on mud island. Kez

  Kerry Pryde Jun 7, 2007 11:13 PM

6

Hey Mush,
So glad you sorted with a job! sounds absolutely amazing.
Still doing accounting, dreaming of the good life!
Keep well
Lotsa love

  Leigh Jun 9, 2007 1:20 AM

7

hey funny i found this, i'm heading to antibes in 2 weeks from sydney to look for work as a deckie. hope there is still work around and i get some work pretty quick. allthough chillin out for a bit on the beaches also sounds pretty good. do u think ill be able to find day work when i arrive?

  Ben Apr 27, 2009 5:23 PM

About mascha_z


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.