Existing Member?

Mare

"It's a small crime and I got no excuse"

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 3 June 2008 | Views [1528] | Comments [3]

So it looks like there's no continuing student scholarships in the stars for me.

At least not based on the fact that they said they would be decided by June 1st and well, June 1st is gone.

So much for that...

I have effectively stared at my paper on gender politics in Tumble Turn for weeks now and have written just a bit more than nothing.

I sent a pretty professional and calm email to my Unit Chair of my children's literacy class because the tutorials do not cover what he says they will in lecture and I thought he should know.  He thought I was judging/unhappy with her ability to assess my assignment and questioned my attendance and my dedication to the course and assured me that everything on the final exam would be taught in tutorials.  Considering I just have a test left that is handled by the testing center, I sent him an email telling him that what I had been trying to say delicately before is that my tutor disregards what he assigns her to teach and that I was concerned that I would fail the exam based on this.  I also let him know that I received an HD on my assignment and that I was not questioning her ability to assess at all.

This guy amazes me.  About 10 students posted on DSO that they wanted to know if you had to pass the final to pass the class and he didn't respond and didn't respond and a couple people wrote "don't expect an answer because I've been waiting for weeks" and then he finally responded something along the lines of no you did not need to pass the exam to pass the class but that that was all outlined in the unit guide and if anyone had taken the time to look they would have found that out and that they shouldn't bother him with stupid questions that could be found in the unit guide.  It was rude, to put it nicely.

I will fail that exam most certainly.  You can't pass a test you weren't taught to pass.  On the bright side, she was a good tutor in that she taught some very valuable things.  Non-relevant to the course though.

My knee grinds more every day.  I can't find a way to lie in bed that my knee doesn't hurt.  Straight out is too straight and it locks, bent makes it sore and grind, on my side the pressure from one leg on my knee makes it hurt, on my stomach the pressure of my knee on the bed makes it hurt.

Doesn't matter too much since I don't sleep anyway but it makes the lying and waiting even more excruciating.  Sitting indian style is basically out these days too.  I think I hit age 82 at the ripe age of 20.

The headaches are rough too.  Imagine wearing a visor.  And imagine the shadow it casts on your face (when facing the sun but not with your head tilted towards it, if we're in specifics), right half way over your eyes and up is where I get the headaches.  Like behind my eyes and then between my eyebrows and then really really deep in the center of my head.  It's not a pressure, it's a sharp bunch of stabs that come in waves and I squint my eyes really tight and it goes away but then I feel sore and worn out. 

What else can I complain about?

Oh someone threw my wet laundry out of the washer today instead of putting it in the dryer.  That's always cool.  And gross.

Our internet keeps going out in waves.

Gracia is trying to sell our room so people are tramping through all day long.  I exaggerate, but they do come through often.  She made the executive decision that since she has so much business so can no longer give us 24-hour notice of her bringing someone over so she just comes when she please now.  She said she'll try to not come in the morning when we're sleeping but "it's a busy season" so she might need to.

And scene?

Comments

1

If you were in the USA, Gracia wouldn't get away with the shit she puts people through. Seriously. I wouldn't allow it. We would have WORDS.

  Joshu Jun 3, 2008 10:49 PM

2

Who are you? (not to be rude)...

Anyways I googled "It's a small crime and I got no excuse" hoping to find the artist and it brought me here. Well...

I was hooked by your blog.
I absolutely love the way you write !

You sound like you might be more than just another pretty face.If your lucky, we could actually be friends.

In any event, I'm more than the usual
amount of interesting and funny, so you'd better like to laugh...Well if you ever read this, Marge (if thats your name), you should e-mail me (tetracide@mailbox.co.za)...if you think you can handle it, that is!

  Nic Jan 5, 2009 3:18 AM

3

Nate/Blair/Chuck/Serena

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrZ4hwbGJaU

not sure if this is right.

  Powel Jan 22, 2009 8:15 AM

About marge


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.