Existing Member?

Mare

Replies

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 29 February 2008 | Views [678] | Comments [2]

So I was lying in bed this morning (I really had to pee but I didn't want to wake Lindsay up since it was a bit early) and I was thinking about all the people who have written me who I haven't responded to.  Or maybe who I have responded to but in my own selfish whirlwind didn't respond to their messages specifically.  So there's a lot to say/tell and I'll just do it all here.

Monica.

Your dream was strange.  I'm not sure why Lindsay would come all the way from Oz to buy school supplies but at the same time it makes perfect sense why she'd be the one to do it and not me.  You know how she is about school supplies.  Suspiciously obsessed.  

Amy.

Yay for that!  I can't believe I never responded.  Or maybe I did respond and you're sitting at home getting ready for bed and laughing at my insufficient memory.  In the end you know I'm excited for you whether I tell you or not.  Just make sure the songs are kept to a minimum shall we?  I'm not so sure how many stories of sweet ballads I can handle ;-).

Valerie.

Shut up.  I talk to you pretty much every day on AIM.  Stop being so selfish ;-)

Josh.

Did you get my sister's email?  Did it help?  I applied for some scholarships to help me with my living "situatino" and school payments when I come home.  I won't find out till June though (haha) so we'll see how that goes.  Until then I'll just be nervous.  I'm assuming the job has started rolling?  I need more info.  The benefits sound great and the picture of you and Zandon was beyond adorable.  Tell him I miss him and his disgusting little habits.  And tell my Christopher-kins that I miss him and his disgusting little habits to.  You can make up what they are. : )

Mom.

I never responded to your thing about the Guardian.  It's kind of a good idea actually but I'm not sure it would work.  You should call the Guardian and tell them you have a wonderful piece for them and see what happens, or send me an email address.  Internet is slower than molasses right now. haha.  I could be the next Carrie from Sex and the City, with my own column and everything (minus the ridiculous clothes and horrible smoking habit)

Dad.

I hope you and Lake get to come and visit Bake.  Sounds like a good time.  I'm not even sure I'll get to see Sydney while I'm here.  I'm looking into different excursions and things but I don't really have much money or people who will go with me.  Lindsay doesn't have the money and all my other friends are going on a cruise to New Zealand over break that was pre-planned.  I don't have Grandpa's information.  You could give him the name of this site?  I don't mind if he reads this if you'd think he'd be interested in hearing how much trip is going.

Casey.

You don't write enough.   I know you're busy but there's two little girls over here (all alone in big-ol Australia) who need a little Papa Cross condolences every once and awhile.  Everyone needs a little Caseycross in their lives now and again.  I have no idea what's going on in your life!  How's the couch?  How's the ministry?  Cook any good beef lately?  Your book is doing fine and "Denny" is INCREDIBLY impressed by your craftsmanship (as am I).

Ellen.

I LOVE your news.  I love it. Daily I laugh.  The baby on the tracks?  Was the train standing still?  Was the chord still attached?  What was it named?  Don't tell me something like Destiny or Prayer.  I can only imagine that a woman who pops out her baby on a train would name her baby Destiny.  As if it were a blessing to have her baby's first site be a water slide down a toilet.

Today is the 80's party.  You know Lindsay is more than pumped.  She is going through her dictionary of a brain to resurface all the names and gossip about 80's pop stars she can muster.  If there's a game show, she's in.  But I think it's just dancing.  No matter.  

I'll sing loudly to "Love is a Battlefield" for everyone.  Everyone appreciates that song.  Whether it be personal or just because they love 13 going on 30, everyone loves it.

I have to go braid my hair for a crimped effect.

I understand it will be painful to see, but just pretend it's 1985 and that I look pretty when I look at the pictures.

Frankie says relax, don't do it,

Mary

Tags: Party time

Comments

1

Hi Mary,

I love your blog! I've laughed so much. You need to publish it when you return! I'm so proud of both you and Lindsay for taking this adventure. I know how difficult it is to feel comfortable living in another culture. Luckily you are making friends and before you know it you'll feel at home, and you'll wonder how you ever felt uncomfortable. I hope this trip is everything you want it to be and more.

I miss you guys and can't wait until you are back!

Love,

Debra

  Debra Wolff Mar 1, 2008 3:44 AM

2

Mary!
I decided today instead of studying to learn all about your Australian adventure. Well, that was just one of the many things I decided to do instead of studying.

Were you trying to get a hold of the guardian in order to write some not so fabulous things about the quality of the USAC??
I might be able to talk to one of the editors for you? I don't know if they would for sure publish anything but hey. worth a shot maybe?

  Kara Mar 3, 2008 12:01 PM

About marge


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.