Existing Member?

Mare

It's been a few days

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 28 February 2008 | Views [721]

Tuesday Lindsay and I went to the Comedy Night and it was DREADFUL. One of the comedians had such a thick Australian accent and used SO much slang that it was impossible to understand him. It was like someone stuffed my ears with cotton and then started talking really fast. We left in the middle. Johan says we shouldn't have though because the hypnotists afterwards was great but oh well!

Yesterday, Wednesday, Lindsay and I cleaned our room up a bit and did some laundry.

I wandered around the city a bit. Took some pictures. Bought a shirt. My iPod was stolen. My sandwich was stolen. Went home. Pouted a bit. (can't lie, pouted a lot). Don't want to talk about it.

Then the USAC guys came over to use our dryer to dry their pants (line dried jeans tend to end up crispy and smell funny) and we all went in the city to have so "Big Baby Pizza". It's really called "Bimbo's Pizza" (which isn't much classier) but it's $4 pizzas and apparently it's delicious. And on the wall outside is this GIANT (do you know what a cupie doll is?) BABY. And it GLOWS. So we named it "Big Baby Pizza". UNFORTUNATELY (probably my fault since I'm cursed) it was PACKED and we couldn't find a spot. HOWEVER Joe's Garage was open next door and they had pizza and we went in.

The boys ordered some Australian beer called "Mountain Goat" but I thought it sounded shifty. In the end it was disgusting and the server gave them a new free beer just for trying it.

We went back to that 70's bar...I think mostly because there's a place to sit and hung out there for a bit. Daylight Underground (the cool Keane-ish band) is there every Friday so I might go back sometime soon.

Today Lindsay and I tried to go back today and get concession cards again. I ALMOST squeezed by and then she noticed. I mentioned all our friends who came through USAC got cards but that didn't seem to make a difference.

Today is Paris' birthday so we bought her a cake.

Tags: Scams & Robberies

About marge


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.