Existing Member?

Mare

Sunshine on the ground/underground

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 23 February 2008 | Views [773] | Comments [1]

So Danny, Lindsay and I hopped on a tram towards Melbourne.  It's a BEAUTIFUL city.  I loved it.  We met a random guy name Kyle/Karl (who knows with the accent) on the tram and he told us that Brunswick street was a good place to go so we followed him there.  It was pretty nice.  We went in one bar and it was REALLY loud but we stuck around for a bit.  Then we went to another bar and it was more relaxed.  Danny and I both agreed that it was way better and felt like we were stuck in a time warp to the 70's.  Then this band started playing called "Sunshine underground" or maybed "Sunshine on the ground" and it was AMAZING.  I loved them.

We wanted to stay but in order to make the tram home we had to leave.  So we left and in between tram switches we ran into Jonas!  Who would have thought we'd run into him!

We made it home.

Danny knows a TON about movies but he thinks Wes Anderson films suck and that Will Ferrel movies are the best.  I'm not sure I can handle that.  I love Wes Anderson's humor (most of my friends just gagged) but it's true.  He's brilliant.  Now if anyone could tell me....What's that movie hase Bill Murray and Owen Wilson and a ton of fish....AQUATIC LIFE!  No wait....LIFE AQUATIC!

I miss you all....

PS Casey....about Joe.  I totally remembered his name on the plane from LAX to MEL and had to tap Long Island Matt on the shoulder and tell him the whole story even though he didn't know any of the parties involved.  It might not have been a toast revelation but it was similar.  AND today at the bar I said "Who are the three classic black actors....Morgan Freeman, Denzel Washington and...." and Danny and Lindsay had no idea!

SAMMY L J!

Totally wish you had been there....you would have gotten it in a flash and I wouldn't have wasted 20 minutes trying to figure it out!  And there was even a picture of Jimmy Hendrix on the wall which is basically Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction minus the gun and some sun glasses.

As always,

Mare

Tags: Laughter

Comments

1

hahahah Kyle/Karl that's funny. I'm glad things are turning around :)
I'm writing you a letter on stationary from the dollar store/my mom. Get pumped. Good luck reading my writing, it's a good thing you had a million years of practice:)


loooove

  Amy Feb 23, 2008 3:24 AM

About marge


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.