Existing Member?

Couldn't have gone further away

week 3

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 20 October 2008 | Views [468] | Comments [1]

today is a total downpour in fiordland. We are very South of New Zealand, about to go and visit Milford Sound.
driven 3000kms already, the eyes enlarge at evry new landscape and the arm muscle gro with every mountain pass; they have a real knack for hair-pin bends in the roads and I'm slowly getting the hang of it... much to Sean and Jucy's (our van) delight.
We've "camped" in snow at Mount Cook only to wake up to thick fog so no Mount Cook to be seen...
 the Turquoise lakes had me hooked, I could have happily stayed there and gazed at them for the remainer of the trip. Sean had to forcefully take me away.
I've seen whales!!! nearly brought tears to my eyes (ok was a bit hormonal anyway). Still, what an incredible sight.
tight budget equals first hangover only a couple of days ago. the plan was to win the music quizz in the pub to get the bar tab prize but our 2 man team really comprised of Sean's bottomless pitt of pop music knowledge and... me because you can't have a one man team. we finished 3rd (well done Sean), it was the TV themes that really threw us (equally ignorant on the last round, strangelly it restored my ego). anyway, we still spent the bar tab we didn't win... and slept in a car park.

Comments

1

Hi guys,

So good to hear fae yous - and thank you for ab fab PC. take good care and keep on enjoying - much love fae me an Sandy xox

  susan Oct 23, 2008 2:37 AM

About manu-sean

Abel Tasman paradise

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.