Existing Member?

Chal Basanti Chal! My extended holiday around the world

Lucky Lucky lady

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 3 October 2008 | Views [282]

Went rugby training last night with Valley RFC (my mate's team). Really enjoyed myself although didnt do any contact (still got a crook neck and didnt want to injure myself on day 2 of my world tour). Started with shuttle runs press ups etc. Nearly died on the fitness front - they were desperately fitter than moi (wouldnt take much I have to fess). Most were about a sixth of my size and I didnt have a sports "canopy" (girls will know what I mean) so cldnt run around too much (that was my excuse!!). Had a really good time tho and am hoping to perhaps do a little contact when back in HK in a month or so and maybe even play a game if I get a chance (will need to get my gum shield sent over). One of the girls is a partner in a local law firm (a litigator) and if I play my cards right - I may be able to do a day's work experience with her (see I am not just on a 12 month "holiday" - I am trying to get a feel of HK life!)

Today caught the star ferry across the habour from Hong Kong Island to Kowloon which was cool (opposite HK Island) Walked down the Avenue of Stars on the Kowloon seafront - saw stars for Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan. Took mucho pictures for my middle bro who was a little bruce lee when he was younger (so he thought). 

Other stuff - also went on the longest escalator in Asia (it was very very long).

Suffering a bit from jet lag. having real trouble sleeping

Had a traditional chinese breakfast - very very tasty. Think I will have to start my Ashwaria Rai looky likey quest when I hit Bejing!

loads of weird sikh "homeys" (fortune teller types) keep coming up to me in Kowloon telling me I am very lucky lady - I have a lucky face. I say thank you politely as I walk in the opposite direction. That said when I saw one of the second time he said hello in punjabi (sath sri akal) which I returned and was kinda nice as it reminded me of my family.

LH - did the peak y.day - loved it but cldnt take any pictures as the smog was so bad - postcards will have to do

KB - no worries and thanks for your good wishes. think you would love HK

KC - I bought you 2 sets of chopsticks already - 2 for the price of 1 (just kidding!!). well if you dont want chops then it looks like i will have to think of something else (the dont do nail coffee table gadgets!!)

its seems there is a typhoon coming - nothing to worry about as its only a typhoon 1 which is a baby one (at the mo) as opposed to a typhoon 8 - where I should be worried.

Heading to Lan Kwai fong tonight with my mate for a bit of Hong Kong night life. Fridays are supposed to be mucho fun (not as good as Saturday Saturday (KC) am sure.x)

tomorrow going to the Asian World Cup 7's qualifers for men and women (for next year) - AND ITS FREE - bargain!!

Sunday - off to beijing - think I have been spoilt here with internet access and doubt I will be able to write as much when there (thank goodness I hear you say)!! so dont worry if you dont hear for a while

Other things I like about HK

1. you can use your mobiles on the underground - how good is that when you're trying to meet up with someone!

2. HK underground carriages are just one long carriage - no dividing doors which means you can walk from one end to the other - my mate says this is very handy when  you and your mate are on the same train but at different ends!

Joy Geen (goodbye).x

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.