Existing Member?

Chal Basanti Chal! My extended holiday around the world

What do like about HK so far...

HONG KONG | Thursday, 2 October 2008 | Views [314]

1. very clean

2. vibrant

3 buzzing

4. views from the peak (and the eagle like birds flying around the mountain - yes I am a bird nerd of the flying variety (before you ask HOVE WRFC!!)

5. dim sum (awesome)

6 pacific coffee chain (bit like starbuck BUT free internet access woo - hoo!! - that said i can only go on for 15 mins and someone has just pressed my clock - which means he wants me to get off!!)

7. my mate's generosity and kindness in showing me around...

8. weather - its 28 degrees

9 they drive on the left hand side -so no need to worry about getting knocked over (too much)

10. my ibis hotel - it was China day on 1st October (the day I landed) so was difficult to book into a hostel so my mate found me an ibis to stay i - bit pricey but clean and thought I would treat myself as i am likely to be more cash rich at the begining of my trip than at the end

11 Chop sticks - they have whole shops just selling chops!

12 Time Square - where they filmed the Bond and Batman movies apparently (not that I have seen either)

tomorrow is a day for touristy stuff ...will update more and hope to add some pictures at some point

Morag - sorry to say but you werent the first to comment on the blog but thanks for the top packing tips - got rid of the lemon jiff wipes given to me by a work colleague(sorry TW)but then added back in all the other stuff you said to take out as my mate elly very kindly said she would store some stuff for me while I go trekking around china for a month - bring on the nice little bottle of smellies (thanks TW) 

 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.