Existing Member?

Mags in the Rainforest The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else!

Friends

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 20 July 2007 | Views [388] | Comments [2]

I'm so appreciative of the beautiful, wonderful, fantastic, caring, wyrd, fascinating and free-spirited friends who are in my life you know who you are and how much l love you and value our friendships! Its through the love , care and support of you all that l feel more than capable and ready to move to the next level of my journey.......l recently participated in a camp ritual at rainbow recently which was mindblowing! The Druids who were initiating the event suggested we all get involved in the process, at first l wanted to hide or burrow under the canvass, l then decided to stop acting a wimp and enjoy myself. A bag of coloured ribbon was passed around, without looking we chose our ribbon, batches of colour were for groups to form, we were told someone would have a singular colour that no-one else would have.....this person was to represent rainbow camp or on a larger scale humanity!!!! The rest of our groups were to play parts in the birth/life/death process, we also had to choose a gift to bestow, without being scripted or rehearsed we all contributed facets of what its like to experience a human/spiritual experience in the cycle of life......and death, very moving, very relevant and very powerful. One of my main interests is Shamanism/healing/herbalism etc.. etc, thats how Mike and l got chatting about the tribes he has been visiting now for many years in the mountainous regions of the lower Amazon, and how Shamans and Shamanesses are a perfectly natural and acceptable member of the community, even in the cities, towns and villages in Peru, natural healing, herbs are a way of life within this culture. How different to the witch-hunts that still go on in 'civilised societies'? I,ve been so fortunate and blessed that the majority of my friends are open-minded and involved in the healing arts to a greater or lesser extent. My friends at Rainbow also have played a huge role in evoking me to believe in myself through play, ritual, ceremony and damn good chats round the fire! They are like  extended family. When we come together its just like we are the 'Rainbow Tribe' and in our own ways weave our expressions of spirituality together as one!

Tags: Friends

Comments

1

Mags you will be well on your way now, I have enjoyed reading your journal and wish you a wonderful time.
Bye for now
Sarah

  Sarah Jul 23, 2007 6:49 PM

2

Hiya, little warrior!!!

Dead proud and excited to know you're on your way Margaret. Keep safe and make sure you have a fabulous time. Say no to nothing and lap it up - this is a life time expereince. Keep me updated - your in my thoughts. Loads of love and hugs Julie xxx

  Julie Khan Jul 27, 2007 7:04 AM

About mags

Me on the beach in Abersoch

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.