Existing Member?

Trials & Tribulations of Trailer Trash

Broome....what a pearl of a place!!

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 30 July 2009 | Views [403] | Comments [1]

In search of Lynn's pearl!

In search of Lynn's pearl!

Sunset on Cable Beach! Sensational!! The camel trains with their red blankets, silhouetted against the vermillion sky and the deepening cerulean blue of the water are magic. We went to view the sunset every night for 4 nights in a row. Each night is a real event with people coming down on foot and in 4wd’s to spend 15 minutes watching the sun sink into the ocean as they sink a few glasses of wine whilst enjoying the spectacle.

We did the Pearling thing.......visited a pearl farm, heard all about the history of the pearling industry in Broome and last....but by no means least.....the pearl shops!!  I found some VERY,  VERY nice pearls.....and some that were VERY  nice and some that were really nice....and with David hyperventilating in the  background.....found a nice little one that had my name on it!!!

 Broome is a beautiful place with a fascinating history and lots to see and do.....we are both feeling a little sad to be leaving but David says we have “places to go and people to see!!”  Move on!!

Comments

1

Your description of the sunset harks back to a certain "wonderfully majestic aura" I wrote about a few years ago!! NOICE pic Davo!! :)

  Logan Bogan Jul 31, 2009 8:53 AM

About lynn_david


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.