Existing Member?

Trials & Tribulations of Trailer Trash

W. A. from North to South

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 3 August 2009 | Views [438] | Comments [1]

First stop was Eighty Mile Beach. A white ribbon of sand, fringing a seemingly endless expanse of turquoise water.  Another gorgeous sunset enjoyed on the sand with a bottle of good red!! You could see the curvature of the earth along that uninterrupted coastline!

Then on to Port Hedland.  A mining port town that sits under this oppressive blanket of red dust.  Interesting to see, but I wouldn’t want to live there.

Our next camp spot was in Karijini National Park ...aka...Hamersley Ranges.

 The gorges in this national park are the most gorgeous gorges we have seen to date!! I know thats a lot of gorgeous....but they were!!!!! Without a doubt, it is one of the best national parks we’ve seen.

I would try to describe what we saw, but I feel as though I’m running out of superlatives....so I will let the photos do the talking!!

We camped for two nights here in the red dirt. That was a real outback experience! We had no power, or running water, we had to use a “real bush toilet” and there were no showers!!.  Which was a challenge considering we spent all day climbing in and out of gorges, clambering over rocks and tramping along bush tracks and getting hot and sweaty!! Everything we have with us has red dirt on it. That includes us!!

We are presently driving to our next camping place and hoping like anything that they have hot running showers!!

Hi to the Dutchies....great to hear from you. Would love to hear all about your holiday adventures in a blog too ...but I’m sorry, you would need to write in English!!!

Hi to Logan bogan too.....I was actually thinking “wonderfully magnificent aura” when I wrote it!! Hahaha! Luv ya

Comments

1

David & Lynn, (The Grey Nomads, well David anyway)

Your holiday sounds great, wish we were there! However some of have to work. Chris has gone to Melbourne again for another funeral, this time her Auntie. Keep on having a good time and a bottle of red for me.

  Mark Clark Aug 5, 2009 9:44 PM

About lynn_david


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.