Existing Member?

Trials & Tribulations of Trailer Trash

Argyle is no Ord...inary Lake

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 23 July 2009 | Views [452] | Comments [1]

Hello there everyone...so glad to hear you are all enjoying my ramblings. Must apologise for doubling up on photos.....I put them up and then couldn’t work out how to delete just a few without losing the lot!! Oh well.....

The Ord River flows into this huge body of water, called Lake Argyle which is surrounded by the most amazing landforms that inhabit this part of the Kimberley. The colours and the sheer size of the rocky escarpments  are awe inspiring! We went to the lookout and drove over the dam wall but we were only able to see a very small part of this manmade lake that apparently makes Sydney Harbour look like a puddle. Incredible!

We drove to Ivanhoe Crossing just out of Kununurra and watched as 2 men waded around and one fished for barramundi standing in the thigh deep water, ignoring the CROCODILE  WARNING signs and the fact that there was a big croc sunning itself on a rock in the middle of the water not far from where they were. Look at the picture and just to the fisherman’s right side.....that was quite a large croc!! He finally caught his “barra” and casually waded back to the shore!!! The other two got out when they realised there was a croc nearby.

One other interesting thing about this area are the boab trees that are here in abundance. These oddly shaped trees dot the landscape and stand around in groups like giant skittles with bad hair waiting for a monster bowling ball to roll across the plains and take them out!!

Comments

1

AND THEY WONDER WHY SO MANY GET TAKEN BY CROCS. JUST PLAIN BLOODY STUPID. MY KITCHEN ALMOST THERE THE COLOURS DIDNT WORK OUT LIKE WE THOUGHT. THE BENCH TOP ON BUT THE TILES I TOOK HOME LOOK YUK. GOTTA GO TO PLAN 'B' WHATEVER THAT IS. I WILL COME UP WITH SOMETHING. WE ARE ALL WELL . BACK DOWN FOR TESTS THIS WEEK WITH COBIE 'FINGERS CROSSED' ALL WILL BE WELL. YOU SOUND LIKE YOUR LOVING YOUR HOLIDAY AND GETTING USE TO LIVING IN A FISH BOWL AND HE DIDNT FEED YOU TO THE CROCS SO THINGS ARE LOOKING UP. THE NULLABOR WILL BE THE TESTER . ANYHOW HAV FUN, STAY SAFE AND KEEP UP THE GOOD STORIES .

  little sis Jul 25, 2009 7:18 PM

About lynn_david


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.