Existing Member?

Frozen Toes What is it that you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?

Kicked in the Pants by the Mangosteen

THAILAND | Thursday, 10 April 2008 | Views [715]

As many of you know, I returned from Antarctica, Patagonia and Buenos Aires refreshed and feeling "Wowed" by it all.  I have been back for 6 weeks or so and although my time here has been wonderful, it is time to head out again.  
 
I had been feeling a bit 'stuck' regarding where my next journey should be.  As I was diddling about on the internet, I was thinking about my favorite fruit....the mangosteen.  I decided to check on mangosteen season in Thailand and VOILA!  It just happens to start in May!  This delight is an incredible taste sensation.  It is regarded as the "Queen of Tropical Fruits".  Check it out at www.mangosteen.com.  Things just often seem to fall into place when it's time and as I checked on my Delta miles, I realized I could go to Thailand for 60,000 miles and $122 (taxes and fees on my 'free' ticket)!  Sounded like a great plan to me!  It's only a little less than 30 hours on a plane and there are mangosteens at the other end, not to mention som tam (papaya salad), zippy curry and those teeeeennnnyyyy Thai peppers that beat the heck out of me!  I LOVE that!!!!!!!!!!
 
A few more thoughts on the "King of Fruits".  The king is the durian; the stinkiest fruit in the world.  The one that smelled up my classroom and they thought it was a sewage leak.  It also smelled up another classroom and they thought the gaslines had sprung a leak. 
 
Hmmmm......Queens. Kings.

About lynn


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.