Existing Member?

Worth Missing Biscuits

Flying machines?

USA | Tuesday, 27 May 2008 | Views [402] | Comments [2]

On Sunday we went to this red bull extravaganza (I had to wake up in the AM's for this the earlier AM's which as we all know was difficult) The event was hot and crowded and ridiculous, all in a lot of good fun and worth the trip- we watched those red bull attempt to fly objects that were created for the express purpose of the event, mostly crash into the water after being rolled off the runway. Following the flying machine’s fall the rest of the team that built it jumped on in. There was a dragonfly one, not so hot on the flying, a stealth fighter, that worked very well and tons of others. We then walked all the way back to the ferry stop, 3-4 miles or so, it was actually lovely. I finally saw some lived in neighborhoods and a kids school. And some boats, little ones, not the huge ones that are constantly disturbing the Bosporus. A more residential area, for real peoples, not as chic as the neighborhood in which we have found ourselves. Later I met some men visiting from France and staying in a room up above ours for a week for various performances. I talked to one of them for a long time - it was lovely. I also photographed the city at my favorite time, dusk- when everything starts to shimmer and light up… using Susannah, the old rollei.

Comments

1

So thats where the red bull flying machine event is held, I am jealus as I would like to build something to compete in that event some day, preferably soon.

  Jon Lohr May 27, 2008 2:39 PM

2

You gots to see the flugtag? Daaaamn.


Also those French people probably would have been more fun to talk to if you knew French. Just sayin.

  James McMahon May 28, 2008 1:27 AM

About luckymedusa


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.