Existing Member?

Buen Camino There is no toilet paper on the road less traveled

Made it to San Marcos

SPAIN | Tuesday, 30 September 2008 | Views [637] | Comments [4]

I am on top of Monte Goza overlooking Santiago.  Will get there tomorrow, only a mile or so down the mountain.  Someone must be looking out for me as I was able to  walk the entire 18k, much of which was uphill, with not much difficulty.  The original plan was to make it just to Lavacolla, but  I  was full of energy so went the distance.  Lavacolla is where the pilgrims used to wash themselves before getting into Santiago.  The latin term is something like "wash the male parts" - honest I couldn´t make this stuff up.  Guess there weren´t any women pilgrims.  Didnt see anyone taking a bath in the river, so I just went on.  I am an albergue on top of the mountain tonight -  not many  of us today.  I believe that the busy time is around the weekends - haven´t seen the German synchronized walkers with their tap, tap of the walking sticks, nor have I seen any more of the touragrinos.  Perfect, as I want to attend the noon pilgrims mass tomorrow.  The weather has been absolutely perfect, except for the  erain going over O´Cerreio.  In the 70´s,  clear days, a little chilly in the evenings.  Tonight I am in a room with two I am so much better today, it was wise of  me to take off yesterday as a rest day.  Aside from a bum knee, some bruises, one blister, many callous, some bug bites and shaggy hair, I anm doing quite well.  Can´t wait to  take all of these walking clothes and burn them!  Claire - the German team wears the Crocks in the evening - your favorite shoes.  So, off for some laundry duty qand a nap.  Will update again from Santiago.  Love to all !!!

Tags: you can whine ... or have some wine

Comments

1

Hi Lindy! Your stories are so interesting and funny - I was just laughing out loud about the Crocks. Can't wait to see you when you get back to good old Campbell!

Claire

  Claire Oct 2, 2008 4:52 AM

2

Linda,

We are glad to hear that you made it.It sounds like the the goos Spanish wine is quite medicinal. Have a big sip for me. We are awaiting your return and the Quixotic tales you will spin for us.

Had a great vacation with my kids and grandson. We can share pics.

And just to be muti-cultural,you can wish your fellow pilgrims Happy New Year from me.

Bill

  Bill Oct 2, 2008 8:17 AM

3

THANK GOD FOR WINE!!! What sights you must see...... Can you say bonfire???? Love you!!

  Renee Oct 2, 2008 11:15 PM

4

MOOOMMMMMM - I have not heard from you for a few days now, not that Im worried too much as your most likely drinking wine and falling down - AS YOU SHOULD! HAHAH Did you hop on over to San Sebastian to hang out with the stars? You know I love that - Miss you tons, everyone here is good. Maddie has Homecoming this weekend, and going to the dance. She cant wait. Haley is going with her to the rally the night before and the game the next day as they play her school. Miss you tons - please send a message so that I know your ok - Love you - D

  daughter Oct 3, 2008 2:30 AM

About lrvajretti


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.