Existing Member?

Buen Camino There is no toilet paper on the road less traveled

In Sarria

SPAIN | Monday, 22 September 2008 | Views [436] | Comments [5]

Made it to Saria, but had to take a taxi.  The hike up the mountain yeaterday was just too much for me, the pack too heavy, the trail straight up.  It started to rain, but it was still hot.  After getting up to the top of O Cebreio, it was windy.  Needless to say, I was not happy.  My stomach started acting up, so I only had some hot tea, then down the mountain to Triacastle.  Slept there for about 10 hours, now going to rest in Sarria and start the trail again tomorrow morning.  So far I have not gotten that warm and fuzzy pilgrim feeling but I hope that will change tomorrow.  The people are beautiful!  Will check in again in a few days.  Carrie, let Mom know that I am fine. 

Tags: the rain in spain is mainly on me

Comments

1

How amazing!! I am so happy for you, you brave soul! Thinking of you often and much love....Renee

  Renee Sep 22, 2008 10:46 PM

2

Lindy-
We're thinking of you and can't wait to hear all about it when you return!
Collette

  Collette Sep 23, 2008 7:16 AM

3

Glad to hear your putting miles on those feet. Can't wait to see the pics and hear the stories.
cheers,
David

  David Sep 23, 2008 7:28 AM

4

Hi, A sunny day would be nice for you. Still warm here.
The farm is doin well,new crops in the ground and making lots of bread.Talked with your mom yesterday,she seemed a little worried about you.
Keep on plugging.
Buenos banannas
ED

  ED Sep 24, 2008 12:45 AM

5


Buenos tardes. Sounds like you're getting happy feet.
You write agood story and being able to communicate like this is great.
On the home front -I cleaned out the basement and as I finished Mike Quinn shows up and starts pluming the basement.Bueno Suerte,
Edmundo

  Ed Sep 25, 2008 10:55 AM

About lrvajretti


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.