Existing Member?

Adventures in Flying by the Seat of my Pants Conquering Aotearoa One Day at a Time

The End is Nigh

NEW ZEALAND | Saturday, 28 May 2011 | Views [461]

So I just realized it's been almost a million years since I've written anything. Last time I sat down to type out a post I was WWOOFing at a backpackers in Franz Josef trying to figure out where all my money went and how I could possibly generate more. Well... since then, I spent quite a while back in Invercargill. I was supposed to stay for only a short while, but then considered, quite seriously, the possibility of staying there - not only until my flight, but changing my ticket and staying there until my visa expired, and possibly even longer. 

A short adventure through the Catlins was ordered to try and clear my senses and decide what the best possible outcome would be: for me to go back north and then home to the States? Or back to Invercargill, getting a job, staying in the country and skipping grad school. The *sensible* decision was to go back home, and that home is in America (at least for the time being), and so now I'm traveling north along the East Coast, trying to fit in as many stops along my way back to Auckland, but not really seeing anything because a big part of me is sure that I'm making a mistake. 

There are a few places I've intentionally chosen not to visit, partially because I think they'd be better seen with someone else and partially because it means I'll just have to come back to New Zealand again.

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.