Existing Member?

The World According To Me

Weekend No. 9 - Halloween

USA | Tuesday, 4 November 2008 | Views [570]

I was lucky, that Halloween fell on a friday, because in the US first of November is no state holiday. On thursday Anna, Maria and me decided to buy a costume and thought, that we just go into a supermarket, where they had huge Halloween-Departments weeks before, and get something scary. Beside the fact that it was like going for christmas presents on the 24th of December, there was absolutely nothing left in the Halloween-Department. After the first shock we went to a shop, which seems to be specialized on "Bad-Taste-Parties" :-) and finally found our outfit. Our theme was "The Hot Chicks" from the movie "Dude, where is my car?", these girls are looking for the Continuum Transformator (a really bad phrase when you are drunk; it's impossible to say it without a mistake). After dressing up and drinking a bottle of wine, we finally got to the Halloween Parade, which was very impressing. I never saw costumes like these and got lots of ideas for the next 20 Faschings Parties :-) As you can imagine, the city was crowded and though it was quite cold, girls were running around with "nothing" on their bodies. After the parade was over we went to a small bar near Union Square to have a few drinks and on our way home (which led us through the Meatpacking) it was amusing to see how people desperately tried to get into the clubs.

On saturday we had a convenient day, with breakfast (at noon *gg*) in the West Village and enjoying the sun at the Hudson River. In the evening we just went for a drink into a small Gallery which is a cafe at the same time.

Sunday I watched the New York City Marathon with Maria. For me it was really facinating to see the participants 200 meters before the aim and to know that they were running since 4 hours. We spent some time there and drove to "The Cloisters" afterwards, which is in the north of Manhattan. Unfortunately we took the bus, who needed one hour and was very well heated, which made me so thired that I had to struggle with myself not to fall asleep during the trip. When we arrived, we found out, that the entry to the museum costs 20 Dollars (an amount we wouldn't pay). So we started asking ourselfs, what was the reason to drive up there? We needed 10 minutes to find something about cloisters in the travel guide, just to find out that there was absolutely nothing to see :-) So, after 15 minutes walking around and watching people sitting in their cars and watching the nature from inside, we went back into town with the subway (it took us 20 minutes *lol*)... In the evening nothing exciting happend and so another weekend in New York was over.

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.