Existing Member?

The World According To Me

Weekend No.7 - Parents visiting

USA | Thursday, 23 October 2008 | Views [626]

The last weekend was very convenient. I didn't go out on Friday or Saturday, because I had to get up early every day.

On Saturday we made a trip to Woodbury Common, a designer outlet (like Parndorf in Austria) which is about one bus-hour from New York. It was really fantastic, because we saw the beautiful countryside and the woods are so colourful at the moment (Indian Summer). The outlet wasn't that amazing and not really cheaper than Manhattan, but maybe this is only my opinion, because I already know where to go in the city :-) We spent the whole day in Woodbury and arrived back in New York at 8 pm. I was so tired from the day, that I didn't want to do something in the evening, but go to sleep.

On Sunday my dad booked a "Gospel Tour" in Harlem. First I wasn't really motivated to go there, because I don't like doing all this tourist-stuff in general, but I was lucky that we three were the whole tourist group. The woman organising the tour is running the office by her own, she was born in Harlem and spent the whole life there. So it was a very personal tour through the streets and one hour later we went to a church where they celebrated holy mass and had a gospel choir. Afterwards we went to have Brunch in a French-African-Bistro, which was also very good. In the afternoon we decided to walk over the Brooklyn Bridge (one thing I didn't do 4 years ago) and explore Brooklyn afterwards. The weather was fantastic and I enjoyed being outside the whole day (instead of sitting in the office *gg*).

The result of spending the whole day in the sun was, that I fell asleep quite early on sunday as well. So not a spectacular weekend, but I finanlly did some sightseeing (after being here for 8 weeks *lol*).

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.