Existing Member?

Tales from the Road

Extreme Cagayan de Oro

PHILIPPINES | Wednesday, 18 March 2009 | Views [1657]

Cagayan de Oro is also home to some extreme adventure. View photos HERE.

The Cagayan de Oro River

The White Waters

Grace and I were the brave ones to sit first row on the raft. We wanted to experience the excitement first hand. We were on the river for about three hours and experienced 14 rapids. None of us fell off the raft so we jumped in to the water for a little swim.


Next time we will try the "advance" route for more and wilder rapids. The experience was one of the highlights of the trip.


Check out this site for rafting information. Other activities available are rappelling and zip lining.

Lorie and Gracey ready to paddle

Swimming the CDO river

With Maldo our guide

We are on front row

Gracey

Lorie gets wet

Rafts being loaded on top of a jeepney

Limketkai Mall

Limketkai Mall is one of the better malls I have visited that is not owned by the Ayalas. It is comparable to SM and Robinsons Malls. Check out their website.

Hospitality

We experienced Filipino hospitality in CDO. Since Candice is a local, she and her family drove us around the place. They were there in case we needed anything. Thanks to Candice and her family.

Lorie with Candice

And Others...

I'll definitely come back here. But there are other choices for white water rafting as well - there's Chico River of the north and there's one in Davao as well.


Gracey and I had to look for a place where we can wash up. There are actually places in Cagayan de Oro that offered this service. We had a shower at La Cubana spa for PhP 100. Neat. Another place to try is Wilshire Inn. The place was full when got there.


You can view my world nomads Cagayan de Oro album HERE.

Tags: cagayan de oro, cagayan de oro river, white water rafting

 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.