Existing Member?

Lisa's Adventures London to Home Hi All, Well it is time I moved on. I am heading home in July but so you can read about my adventures I have set this site up. Please read, enjoy and drop me a line sometime. See you all soon. Love Lisa xx

4685km overland so far

RUSSIAN FEDERATION | Saturday, 4 August 2007 | Views [1071] | Comments [3]

Hi All,

Well I am currently in Ekaterinberg, which is 1800km from moscow.

Moscow ended up lovely. Visited the park of the fallen idols, vodka museum, Convent near swan lake, Yeltsins grave and just walked and walked for hours and miles. Meet some lovely people that were doing the shorter trip so I had to say goodbye to them and it felt extremely weird to say if you are ever in Oz looks us up instead of saying see you back in london. I am sure to get use to it.

Our first big train journey was exciting. I was chomping at the bit (ahh ho, love his saying)to get started on my way. The station was chaos but with the aid of our honcho we found our carriage no worries and settled in for a 26 hr trip.

It is amazing how time flies when you just keep sleeping, and I definately love to sleep on any moving thing. We were able to get off every now and then and sample the goods, I could have even brought a shadleer and a stuffed bird, but unfortunately I didnt have room in my back pack.

We arrived in Ekateringberg arounf8pm, but it was enough time to have a quick shower and head out for some food other than sandwiches. After dinner we went to a club/bar where I think the age of female was early 20's, males late 30's. It blows me away that all these lovely looking girls are going for pretty average older men. Where have all the good men gone?

Today through the showers, sun and humidity we ventured to a monastry where the Romanovs (last Zar of Russia) were found burried several years ago. It was a very moving site, churches and forest made it a very reflective place.

We then ventured to the europe/asia border. Yes I was the typical tourist. I stood either side of the line and had my photo taken. I did however feel a little under dressed. pparently it is a custom here in Ekateringberg to have your wedding photos taken there. So I must remember that if I ever take the plunge.

Anyway thats about it from here. We leave at 3am today to head to Irkurts and Lake Bikal. I think the trip is 40 odd hours, but I am sure to survive.

Have included some photos. Sorry only a couple of photos somehow today I have just lost all of them from the past week as well as this morning. Gotta love technology.

I hope all is well and catch you soon.

Lisa xx

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Hi Lisa

Well sick of waiting for dad to write to you although he said her replied to your email about the boxes I thought I would touch base.
Sounds like you are having a good time and having boys to accompying you should be good as no bitching to be seen as with girls.
Dad has been very busy lately and I hardly see him. I went out to dinner thursday night with my cancer friends, friday night we caught up with cathy in the city and had chinese dinner, we were only half way through the course then next course would arrive, we tried to slow things down but to no avail so when we finished eating we took for every to drink tea so we could chat. Then we took kathy for walk around the city then headed to Grand Hyatt where she was staying/conference being held and went to 31st floor to have drink and see the view, but no where as niece as sydney or paris at night. dad and i left about 11pm. Saturday night we went to dinner with Lawrences boss to italian restaurant in wellinton street east melbourne. Thougth when someone asked you to dinner they would pay but no the bill was split and boy could they drink wine so was a bit expensive night.
Sunday had to to craft as I am goint to lessons to learne out to cut and piece properly as I am sick of waiting for others to teach me. Went to class on monday night have have fair bit of home work to do for next monday night.
Off to see the shoulder doctor today and off to see Harley tomorrow for annual checkup
Duane has given up his waiter job as has field trips over the next few months and seeing her can't work over summer he gave her the ability to find someone new in time for the summer rush. She was very niece about it. He will hopefully get wotk at dive shop on wednesday for the rest of the year.
Nan doing okay and it off to the craft fair with robyn on thursday. their is a bus going from coota to canberra so I thick she is looking forward to this. She could have also gone with robyn to mini field of women in sydney on satuday night but thought it was too much as they going up and back in the day.
Dad is in brisbane today but back late tonight. He got new phone yesterday one of those phone/computer/diary/email type of phone I don't know what they call them.
Well had best close and hit the road for blackburn to see the doc. You look after yourself and don't get up to too much trouble with the boys.
Love from us all here in Aus
Love Mum

  maree cox Aug 8, 2007 10:52 AM

2

HI Lisa,
Great to see you having way to much fun travelling, though the long train trips and the snow are a little of a deterent for me.
Laurie sent me the link to your travel diary. I am jealous. Was great catching up with laurie and Marie last week. Look forward to catching up with you also when you get back to Oz.
Talk soon hopefully.
Take care.
Katherine

  Katherine Cox Aug 8, 2007 2:54 PM

3

Hey sis,

Good to hear you having a good time, i hope you behaving yourself. Cant wait for you to get back to the land of Aus, i have had a couple of interesting weeks with my friend from america being here and i have also just got a new housemate from Canadia. Well hope you having fun, Catch you next time.

Your Bro.

  Duane Cox Aug 9, 2007 2:04 PM

About lmc303

Snails, yummy

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Russian Federation

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.