Existing Member?

European Escapades 8 weeks in Europe, get set for adventure...

2012/02 My Broadway premiere...

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 13 June 2012 | Views [209]

Wednesday 13 June

Woke up flicked on the TV and checked the weather on the today show, clearing showers, decided my first stop would be Magnolia Bakery for a hot coffee and a warm muffin. Trotted over to Times Square and sat eating my breaky gazing up and the neon signs and advertising screens screaming for my attention. First port of call, the Flat Iron Building.

Set off down Broadway and shortly found myself at the gorgeous Flat Iron Building, sat in the plaza in the middle of the road with the Empire State Building behind me and the Flat Iron in front of me. What a cool place this is. Next stop the world famous Strand Book Store, 18 miles of book shelves to browse, 'cheaper than Amazon'. Picked out a copy of Breakfast at Tiffany's and Tina Fey's biography and a souvenir book bag and headed for some lunch at Veselka, pierogis - so tasty on a cold wet afternoon.

Walked down to City hall, and seeing I was so close, decided to pop over to Brooklyn, via the bridge of the same name. What a great structure, a perfect view back over Manhattan, the East River and Brooklyn. Jumped on the subway and back to change for dinner and the theatre. Tonight's premiere Broadway experience: Wicked the musical. Very enjoyable, costumes, composition and overall simply fabulous.

Tags: broadway, brooklyn bridge, manhattan, strand book store

About lissa_05

Sally Gap, Ireland

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.