Existing Member?

Look for Lily!

Ko Tao and stuff...

THAILAND | Saturday, 26 April 2008 | Views [323] | Comments [1]

Hi all my lovelies, It has been a while since I wrote in this thing so might have to just write about all the really nice stuff.

Well we went snorkelling in Railay and it was so wonderful being so close to all the little fish and then in the evening we went swimming in the dark and saw plankten which glows and dances around you. So magical. I also tried my hand at jet skiing which is bloody brilliant I went soooo fast and i was screaming so much, the poor guy on the back!

Oh I had a lovely romantic fling in Railay with a thai guy called Son. He gave me lots of flowers and we watched the stars together and danced and swam and oh it was wonderful!

We've also been enjoying the sights. Me and Jessie went to a Buddhist temple in Ko Phangyan. It was really amazing, its basically this place where any tourists can go and experience the life of a Buddha but there are so many rules and stuff. It is such a pretty place and all the buddhists are so friendly waving and smiling and asking our names. Just at the end of our time there I walked up to the view point temple where all the nuns and buddhists were sitting down getting ready for something which I didn't know what! Then I was invited to sit with them and we basically did this big singing meditation thing. It was so nice to be apart of it. But the greatest thing was that it wasn't all really serious and boring, at the beginning the microphone that they were using wasn't working so it was all sqeaky and everyone was laughing!

Yesterday was such bad weather with big winds and so much rain. The day before we took a boat into town and we were literally jumping out of the boat, on our way back the boat driver had to stop and turn around because it was too dangerous to go all the way back to our bungalow. So we were kind of stranded but then found a jeep taxi who drove us all the way back. It was like being on a rollercoaster, Ko Tao is full on mountains and dirt roads so we were being flung about in hysterics trying to hold on. Was quite a death defying experience!

At the moment we are in moondance bungalows and staying there is this big bunch of old hippies who smoke weed all day and generally are really high. All the kids are running round and all the male adults have really long hair. There's this one woman called Dominique who is half belgium, half italian and such a character. She is about 50 and stays up all night with everyone smoking and drinking. Also saw her topless dancing in the sea this morning and doing the hulahoop!

Oh and in our first nights in moondance we were sharing a room with rats! It was so scary we had to move pretty sharpish. One evening we got back, opened the door and a rat was literally climbing our mosqiuto net! Apart from this and mosquito bites no real nasty animal encounters.

I'm having a really great time and cant wait for the rest! We are all getting on really well and oh one more thing! We all got pretty lean last night with a couple of the hippy folk and decided to paddle in the sea. I was so excited and started running and jumping over thinking that the beach was the same level as the grass and well it wasn't. Yeah I jumped straight onto a totally different level of sand and skidded quickly jumping up and bursting into hysterics! It was a total illusion mann hehehe

Ok better be off have been in here for ages, its so lovely and air conditioned.

Lots and lots of love lily x x x x x x x

Comments

1

Sounds like you're having an amazing time! I love reading about people's travels, but now I'm really jealous! Keep having fun :) xxx

  Tanya Lake May 2, 2008 10:55 PM

About lily_lagoona


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.