Existing Member?

Look for Lily!

Eastern Gulf of Southern Thailand

THAILAND | Thursday, 10 April 2008 | Views [310] | Comments [1]

Hi everyone,

My second entry and into the swing of things a bit more. Well we never made it too any more tourist sights in bangkok because we were putting our pictures up! But caught our bus and took a 15hour journey to Krabbi in South Thailand. It wasn't the most comfortable of journeys and my poor feet swelled up! I was very worried I can tell you!

We then took a speed boat out to the island of Railay which is pretty much paradise in places. Although there is lots of hotels, internet cafe's, bars and the rest it is so idylic with big square shaped rocks reaching 40-50 feet in the air. We had an evening swim earlier and the water was so soft and the sand like silk, ahhh bliss! Have to say I was a true foreigner and am now a little burnt but it will turn into a tan it must! Tomorrows plan is to enjoy the beach and go snorkelling and possible island hopping. We're also hoping to do some rock climbing! Not sure how I'm going to handle the snorkelling though as a fish literally nibbled my foot earlier and I freaked out!!Something I really want to do though. We're staying in these really cute bungalow hut things supported by wooden beams from the ground. Its surrounded by the lush green mountains and palm trees which is just so lovely. There are also a group of the cutest kids who shake our hand and follow us with their water pistols! They are in preparation for the Songkran Festival which celebrates the Thai New Year. It sounds so much fun, basically an all out everyone in water fight! The religious belief is the water is blessed and in effect blessing you. Also found out that every Thai man has to be a monk for a period of time in their life. It can be for 1 week to 1 year but they must do it! The religion down here in the South is mainly islam though which concentrates more on following their God rather than the buddhism belief of living a good life.

I'm off now to enjoy a live reggae band in the Gecko Bar and a cool beer. Love to all Missing you x xxxxxx x

Comments

1

wow sounds like a dream!! but make sure you wear plenty of sun cream or your be old and haggad when your older!! x x x enjoy the mass water fight!! x

  alana Apr 14, 2008 10:11 PM

About lily_lagoona


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.