Existing Member?

The Lone Adventures of Li-Lu

Tasmania!

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 28 April 2008 | Views [853]

Arrived on Friday night in Hobart, Hannah picked me up from the airport amd took me back to hers in Dodges Ferry around 30mins from Hobart. Their ANZAC BBQ was in full swing, had some yummy food but everyone was way ahead in the beer stakes so felt a little bewildered after travelling! Me and Han hid away and caught up on the goss! saw Dara too )i lived with these guys all summer last year in newquay. She was on form as usual!

Woke early on saturday and Hannahs friend jesse called and asked if we wanted to go out on the boat fishing! Was great fun, armed with a fishing rod we motored out into the bay and attempted to catch Flathead, a tassie special. I caught the biggest of the day which i was very chuffed about! Got about 5 in total so enough for dinner! Me and Han went to the markets in Salamanca, the oldest part of Hobart. Was freezing cold so we got some hot apple and cinnamon juice adn aimlessly wandered the markets, loved it! Last night consisted of eating Kangaroo kebabs, flathead and watchng movies! two firsts on Li'lus food list! The roo was incredible, so tender and yummy!!! The fish was real meaty and yum too!

After a night of freaking out about spiders...terrified they are going to get me, we got up and tony cooked a mega brekkie. We headed down the Tasman peninsula, The coastline was rugged, reminded me of the East Cape in NZ but less green...absolutely stunning. We drove through a place called Doo'town which errr had every house named with Doo'something. Like Doo love it, doo nothing, do little, the list goes on adn gets worse!! cracked me up something chronic! Drove down to remarkable Cave which had great surf when it worked, though def only for experienced surfers, cool to watch! Went to the cave which has a hole eroded in it in the shape of Tasmania island....hence the name. POpped into Port Arthur which is a tres historic place for Aussies. Its an old convict colony full of spooky ghosts and old lunatic asylums, jails from the 1800´s.

Spent last night at hannahs friend Kirstys house who was having a dinner party....girls only! Had a wicked night, had great food and the girls were so so friendly, reall easygoing evening. So im going to go discover the city that is Hobart now, apparantly it is not very big , seems more like a town to me but its pretty all the same. Will try update again soon ! love to all xxx  

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.