Existing Member?

The Lone Adventures of Li-Lu

East Coast Trip

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 5 May 2008 | Views [865]

Han had the day off on friday so we pottered around for the morning waiting for her friend to pick us up. Tony decided not to come so ended up being a girly road trip...kinda good job seeing as he wouldnt have actually fitted in the car we seemed to have that much stuff! Had a couple of hours drive to north of Bicheno where we would camp for the night. Got there just before dark and set off in search of firewood. We set the tent up in the dark (so easy without men around!) By this time we couldnt be bothered to go to the supermarket to get food so lit the fire and ate packet noodles, mmm yum! Had a fright when i went to the loo behind a tree at one point. Heard something coming up behind me and thinking it was hannah called out then something hopped next to me. I have never pulled my pants up so fast, ran off screaming a creature a creature! with the girls wetting themselves behind me i turned the torch on to see a little wallaby sat there minding its own business.... id jsut seen this big rats tail and freaked, so funny. heard possums fighting in the tree that night which was a horrific sound. Slept so so badly in my extra thin sleeping bag!! Had 4 layers on felt like nothing. Was glad of sunshine the next morning. Had a walk to the lagoon next to the camp which was so still it was like a mirror, the pics are awesoem.

Our first stop was Freycinet National Park to walk to Wineglass Bay. The weather was the best it had been all week and armed with choccy we were ready to go! Came across a huge set of boulders which i wanted to climb, han found a back way up to the top and i dared her to come down forwards. thinking she was chicken i went to the top to come down and fulfil my own dare. my god it was steep from the top! Had Dain in the back of my head saying "Do it Do it" so got on my hands and bum and went down, was doing fine until i got to the gap between the two rocks and at the point of no return got stuck!! hehe fi had to come help me as i couldnt get my footing, silly woman! Also managed to split my trousers! oh dear another clothing item bites the dust!

Went upwards to the lookout which was jsut undescribable, so so beautiful at Wineglass bay,,,white sands, turquoise sea and blue skies wanted to run down and jump in...had it not been about 10 degrees! We walked down to the beach and saw...dolphins!! they must have been 50m from the shore and bout 6 of them putting on a show for their spectators!! Couldnt take my eyes of them! Walked back via another beach and when we got back to the carpark i came across 2 wallabies!! I went up to one and it came and sniffed my hand and let me stroke it!! Was so chuffed. From the park we drove up further to St Helens, found a camp for the night and went to town, stopped at a really cool bar owned by a friend of a friend, drank g &t and played Uno (we are the height of cool). Prepared for another night freezing, this time with extra thermal and tights,...and yup still barely slept, summer is def over here! Sundays brekkie consisted of toasted marshmallows on the fire and jaffles (toasties to the UK!) made in a specially designed jaffle iron which goes in the fire., so cool and so yummy! Stopped on the way back to Hobart in a place called Swansea to visit Kates Berry Farm. Run by a transsexual she/he makes the best homemade ice cream ever all flavoured with her/his homegrown berries, yum!!

Had a chilled last day, went to Daras for dinner then stayed at hannahs parents house ready for the airport the next day, Melbourne here i come, hope its warmer than here!!

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.