Existing Member?

The Lone Adventures of Li-Lu

Manly with Gina and Rosie!!

NEW ZEALAND | Saturday, 26 April 2008 | Views [740]

Got on the ferry to manly to see Gina and Rosie, was very excited about it!!! G and Rosie had their housemates sister staying so booked into a hostel in town...the cheapest i could find..manly is pretty pricey! Went and surprised rosie at work....she gave a half hearted hello as i walked in which shocked me a little after not seeing her for so long. Then it dawned on her who i was! then it was all hugs and smiles, so amusing. Met gina after work, both of them look really well and clearly loving Manly life. Hung out at the flat and met their housemates. Knew the guy as he worked in Chy bar last year in Newquay, crazy small world! Went out for dinner to a gorgeous little pizza place called Beaches, yummy! Had a Cisco pizza which is mexican beans, sour cream, guacamole and a cherry tomato, so delicious!!! Seems that most restaurants round here are BYO which is a new one on me! Stayed that night in the hostel and met a Swiss girl who joined the rising number od Swiss ppl i have met who have never heard of my name before!! Think my parents have been lied to somewhere along the line!! we wandered Manly for the morning . love it here, so different from the city which is only 30 mins away! Almost like an upperclass Newquay with all the surfers and stores.

Woke up to more rain the next day but decided to head up to Palm Beach...where they film Home and Away. Glorious sunshine awaited, only an hr or so up the coast, was amazing weather juat like in summer bay! Started to recognise places like the Surf Club and the fenced area where the characters stand and sulk when everything goes wrong. Was a really good day out. lost my fave cardie so stopped by the mall on the way back. lets just say its a good job i cant fit anything in my backpack otherwise the trip could have been dangerous...clothes are awesome over here! Bumped into Emma Tyrell )abbys friend from newquay so arranged to go for a beer on my last night, drank german beer by the hslf litre  and met Luke, her mum and her mums friend, was a brliiiant evening.

The day i left for tassie was actually ANZAC day so i went into town to watch the march and go to the service in the high street. This is a huge public holiday for the Aussies and rightly so, everyone collected together to honour those lost in the battle of Gallapolli and all that serve their country. Felt very emotional and there was a tear in my eye, it was a beautiful service. Got the ferry back to the city and set off for Tassie,, cant wait!  xx

 
 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.