Existing Member?

Travel Journal Hi Everyone, This is my attempt to keep a Diary of my trip! I expect to edit at least two entries at some point ;-)

Sydney, the Dr Who City

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 13 March 2009 | Views [767] | Comments [2]

I know the title of this entry is going to take a lot of explaining, but go with it for a minute!

My first day in Sydney was rather tiring, Jet lag got the better of me, and although I went into the city itself, I don't think my eyes where working enough to appreciate the sights at first.

I spent Thursday walking around Drummoyne, where I staying with Peter, I find it quite funny that I'm nearly 11 thousand miles from home but the next town along is Birken Head!

Now then, onto the title of this entry, Lets start with Doctor Who, basic premise is that he Dies and then regenerates, the new Doctor is nothing like the old one, yet at the same time hes also exactly the same. Thats how walking round sydney feels, its completely different from the UK in every way, and yet it also feels exactly like home.

The main difference is that all of the houses have been built individually, every one is different to the next. Some are ultra modern whilst others could be Victorian.

Anyway, I better be going.

Will add another entry after the weekend.

See Ya,

Liam

 

Comments

1

Great to read youre getting used to the time difference! Where youre staying looks fascinating, lots of little penninsulas, how far from Sydney? Been to school in my PJ's today for Comic Relief, school managed to raise enough to save 42 children from Malaria, how good's that!!

  Mum Mar 14, 2009 6:25 AM

2

Its about 15 mins from the city centre by ferry, about 25 by bus(traffic is a bit of a problem)

  Liam Mar 16, 2009 9:27 AM

About liam_omalley


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.