Existing Member?

West 2 East

Annual Farewell Dinner

CHINA | Friday, 25 June 2010 | Views [245]

Every year, the school holds a farewell dinner for the teachers who will depart the scene for other adventures in their life.  This year, quite a few are going, some back to their home countries, some onto other jobs in china or another country and some just plain ol' retiring.

This year, we were treated to a great meal at a restaurant near Huadu, which took us about an hour to reach.  This restaurant uses natural plants in their cooking and all was devoured and enjoyed by all.  The setting was very welcoming with timber framed buildings, lakes, complete with bridges.

Unfortunately, it was near dark when we arrived, so I could not take any pictures of the outside of the buildings and or settings and I aim to go back and find this restaurant again in the not too distant future.

Meanwhile, I have included some pictures of the teachers who are leaving and of whom I have become friends with since being here.  It will be sad to see them go, but now I know I have a bed to lay my head in many different countries, as well as the difference between the Chinese serving of wine in a glass as to the western way and they even have 'left handed chopsticks' here! :-)

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.