Existing Member?

Lesley and Jan in Palau

The life of an AAD

PALAU | Friday, 17 October 2014 | Views [302]

AAD at work

AAD at work

No, he does not have a "condition".  Jan wanted you to know how he is going as an Authorised Accompanying Dependent"!!  AVI allow partners to accompany volunteers in may cases.  So far we know of 5 - all the ladies are the volunteers and the guys are the AAD's.  This means we ladies collectively are avoiders of housework I think.

Jan is having a whale of a time (note pictures show him at work and at rest).  He does do the shopping and cleaning.  But he also has free time to go snorkelling, run, relax at the resort, run, study maths, drink beer and run.  In fact his running is going so well he is back to half marathons.

Studying algebra has become his personal project.  I cannot even understand the titles of the books he is reading - but he is really relishing the chance to study again after leaving his degree when he was young.  So he may even progress back to Uni or similar on our return.  

Meanwhile he can get together with the other AAD's and discuss best methods of floor cleaning, how to get rid of mould on your clothes and so on!.

Oh, and do check out the great Laundromat sign.

 

 

Travel Answers about Palau

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.