Existing Member?

Lesley and Jan in Palau

Arriving in Palau

PALAU | Friday, 4 July 2014 | Views [258]

Lunch with a view!

Lunch with a view!

After a few hectic days conferencing in Guam we set off for Palau.  Distances are great in this part of the Pacific and of course flying is pretty much the only option.

We arrived late Wednesday and awoke to torrential rain Thursday.  This is cyclone season of course (though Palau rarely suffers any major storms).  We are staying at the Penthouse Hotel - which does not live up to its name in gloss; but does have wholemeal bread which is amazing.

We spent the day looking for apartments and meeting people.  Everyone is friendly, gracious and cheerful.  And everyone is willing to assist.  But the apartment selection is not great yet as there is a large conference on here.  So we saw some shockers and some nice ones - and price does not dictate quality!

All this was helped by lunch in a magnificant spot - see pic.  Jan was ecstatic they had blue cheese!

More exploring today - plus tonight is happy hour or 3 at one of the hotels.  And 4th of July in a US influenced area.

 

 

 

Travel Answers about Palau

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.