Existing Member?

Cambodia volunteering adventure

Swim teaching starts

CAMBODIA | Wednesday, 10 August 2011 | Views [878]

Having a ball!

Having a ball!

We started swim lessons yesterday after a couple of weeks of planning.

There is great sensitivity around swimming as one of the CCT children drowned about a year ago.  So it has taken some time for anyone to mention the idea.  However, the day dawned bright and sunny.  We have a lovely pool, and plenty of donated goggles, kickboards etc.

Of course the rains, thunder and lightening started as we got ready!  As a side note: lightening does not really stop activities here - 123 people have died in lightening strikes already this year.  So we did get them out of the pool until the worst was over.

There were 4 groups of kids and lots of enthusiastic helpers.  We had lots of water safety, then skills practice then free time.  They were worn out and started to get cold and shiver (well, it was only 30 degrees!).

And I have put in a photo of the CC Dragons.  Our team wins many matches, and is one of the few teasm to have a kit and boots.  Football is played at the airport - there are no flights.

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.