Existing Member?

Feeding the fire within

Reflection

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 1 June 2014 | Views [155]

“And just stay here in this moment” … the song by Aerosmith was stuck in my head as I headed south with my parents. The sunrays were hitting my face through-out the 9hour drive to Plymouth. I thought I would hate doing nothing while being stuck in a hot, stuffy car…but I didn’t. I actually quite enjoyed it. Actually, I wish I could time travel and land back in the car so I could change some of the things I did. I would do anything to go back to the beginning.

You see… what I really wanted from that trip is to just have fun. However, during my planning and possible scenarios being created in my tiny brain I excluded others. I simply ignored other people’s feelings and their plans. I didn’t even think about how other people could essentially make me realise how much I have changed since I moved to Scotland.
This trip, instead of being fun, ended up being the “realisation” point. 

Whenever I meet a new person I feel pressure. It is natural of a human being to have expectations and therefore it is important to spread positive energy and seem happy. A person decides if he or she likes you within the first 20 seconds of your meeting thus it is important to show your best qualities.

With age, I feel like I became more mean and ignorant. It seems like the world has hardened me.

I could be writing about all the pretty sights I’ve seen while describing the feelings that came along with the raw beauty but I don’t want to. I’ll write about that some other time. Emotions often quickly change therefore it is important to reflect and learn something from them. People you meet are significant in your life. After all, they’re the ones who always make you realise what the moral of the story is.

So what I’ve learnt over the past 10 days is to stick to your original plan. Always. No exceptions… but also embrace changes. Don’t live in the past.

About leksie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.