Existing Member?

The Tales of a Pisspot and a Worrywort!

The best way to truely see a place is to look UP!

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 9 June 2012 | Views [509]

Flash Back #4...

All of this remembering is starting to give me a headache, although reliving the memories and scanning through the photos is somewhat nice as well. This story takes us back to a lovely little trip with our buddies Matt and Ange to Bristol. As the title suggests, Bristol is definately one of those places that you must must must look up to realise the true beauty and the hidden secrets!

The wonderful gems of Bristol aren't the crazy homeless guy, the hostel above a 60's diner and bowling alley or the sheer amount of antique clothing shops but its the small, large and intricate street art that makes Bristol one of, if not my favourite UK city. Yes Banksy's art is amazing and stands for freedom of speech in wonderfully artistic way but I found myself admiring the unknown characters of the Bristol street art scene. The most amazing piece would have had to have been the woman with the baby, hiding away up high on the side of a block of flats. The sheer scale of it (more than 5 floors worth) really makes you wonder firstly how anyone would have gotten up there and secondly how it even managed to resemble the beautiful work it is.

The rest of Bristol is just as nice, a wonderful student nightlife, amazing architecture and boutique little stores you just wouldn't find in big cities. We decided to venture out to find the Clifton suspension bridge just on the outskirts of Bristol. It was a stunning view and a quick walk down into the Giant's Cave gave way to more breathtaking sights(although being that far underground made me a tad worried, as usual nothing worries Ray). After some quick jokes about me loosing my Australian accent - I'm adament I'm not! - it was off for a pub lunch, something that will never get old. Another awesome night out, although rather tired now, a quick round of bowling and some more late night kebabs and before we knew it our Bristol trip was over. It was back on the bus (If I had a dollar every time I have said that since we left home, I'd be rich!) and back to working life in London for the time being.

In the weeks since then we have donned the closest thing to cowboy boots for the International Country Music Festival, undertaken (somewhat unsucessfully) the 'Flaming Challenge', asked for the luck of the Irish on St Paddy's Day, celebrated Ray's birthday in style - red lipstick and all, and not to mention the countless 302 'lounge parties' that have been had. 

London truely is stacking up to be one of the greatest adventures of our lifetime and it's not even close to being over!

L&R

 

About leaandray


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.