Existing Member?

The Tales of a Pisspot and a Worrywort!

Why That´s a Pretty Umbrella

SPAIN | Thursday, 25 August 2011 | Views [455] | Comments [1]

London has proved to be an on the clock off the clock affair when it comes to weather, one day it´s sunny the next it´s vital you have your umbrella. Now picture London with a significant amount of people roaming the streets (plus it´s school holidays) then it begins to rain and BOOM up pop hundreds of various umbrellas, small ones, big ones - that almost poke out your eye, brightly coloured ones and ones with patterns that belong at a theme park. You can´t help but wonder if your umbrella is adequate, are you part of the cool crowd? Then on top of this you have to navigate through tiny alleyways dodging a multitude of umbrellas coming your way!

On a perfectly sunny day, when all the umbrellas were left at home we decided to go check out some more sights (Playing yet again the typical tourist)! Madame Tussards was the first stop, and although I couldn´t strangle Bieber it was pretty impressive and many of the figures were extremely life like. Ray couldn´t help but think how funny it would be if a celebrity came and stood in a corner and jumped out at those taking a picture, I´d do it if I were famous! We wandered through the crowds trying to get pictures of the queen, obama and various other wax like celebrities. We joined the kiddies in a dome room for a 4D movie which was amazing as the screen completely covered all the walls and the roof! Then it was a quick walk around the corner to a free museum which held 5 generations of a collection containing weapons, suits of armour, plates, bowls, art and more. Tired after walking around for so long we headed back to our hostel for a $2 dinner. 

The next day - more sight seeing, and since we are backpacking it was off to another free museum. Not only did we not realise that the science museum was 7 stories we didn´t realise that we had been there for 5 hours!!! There was everything you could imagine in that museum, from spaceships to mummies. We headed back to our pub on the corner (there is a pub on every corner, but this was the closest to our hostel) and ended up eating Thai for dinner with some NZ people we just met, then it was off to bed to jump up at 3:00 am to catch our bus to the airport to begin our siesta fiesta adventure! Once again we were on a plane to some other country in the world and we were so excited for what may be our last sunshine in a while!

L&R

 

Comments

1

Dear Ray and Lea

Wonderful to hear that you are enjoying your stay in Pommy Land. As you are aware Gwen comes from there - but I don't hold it against her. We have been visiting the hospital to see Emma because of the arrival of little Owen Edward. He is a very handsome baby. I do remember that Danny was a very handsome baby. Jill was uuuggeerlly (thankfully she became the most beautiful girl in Kaleen) and I can't really remember what Ray looked like before all his tattoos. Danny is a very attentive father. I hope you have fun throwing tomatoes at innocent Spaniards. Keep you bowels open.

Love

Mick and Gwen the Echidna.

  Mick and Gwen the Echidna Aug 27, 2011 10:54 PM

About leaandray


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.