Existing Member?

The Tales of a Pisspot and a Worrywort!

How may tourists does it take to get a tuk-tuk out of the mud?

LAOS | Sunday, 3 July 2011 | Views [328]

8 apparently! So there we were enjoying the scenic trip to Pak Ou caves when our accompaying tuk-tuk filled with all our travel buddies got bogged and slowly started tipping into the Mekong! Thats the beauty of wet season though - the mud! Ray did a good job of dragging the tuk-tuk out much to the drivers delight - it is his buisness and all. Then on to Pak Ou Caves...

The boat ride across the fast flowing Mekong was sketchy with the boat only two people wide and inches from having the water in with us! The caves were filled with Buddha statues and the steps to the upper cave had me dry retching, damn excersise! We then headed to some waterfall described as being teal coloured and beautiful... well lets just say that the amount of rain recently means its an explosion of brown water that has destroyed the veiwing platforms and bridges - clearly no swimming for us!

Luang Prabang is quite a small town with an 11:30pm curfew so we decided to hire some pushbikes with the gang today and see what we could find. Not much apparently! A few temples and some bars but thats pretty much it, I guess the scenary makes up for it because as the clouds sit atop the mountains it truely is beautiful and the pictures we take dont quite compare.

We are all heading out tonight to celebrate our travelling buddies 21st birthday, probably check out the night market again and enjoy a 10,000 kip ($1.20) all you can eat buffet minus the homeless guy who ate my dinner the last time we went!

Heading off to Vang Vieng tomorrow with half of the gang to see if tubing truely is cancelled, someone said there is too much water! Keep you posted, until next time, stay classy San Diego.

L&R

About leaandray


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.