Existing Member?

the balance if you don't know where you're going, any path will take you there. and what a good place it has taken me.

Auxiliary Anxiety

USA | Tuesday, 20 May 2008 | Views [404]

So the anxiety described here is pretty much the norm for me right now. I am trying to be patient while waiting for news/instructions from the MEC (Ministry of Education) and doing my own research all the while. Good thing I did.

The plan was to arrive back from Hong Kong on Sept 1 and leave for Spain around Sept 15 to have plenty of time to find a flat. I figured getting a visa for Spain would be much like getting one for Ecuador. Sí, buenos días, STAMP, STAMP, STAMP, aquí lo tiene. But no. The Spanish Consulate in Miami insists you give yourself at least five weeks to wait for the visa to be processed.

Are you for real?

Luckily, I have wonderful parents who tried to keep me sane, not to mention a father that works in Miami on a regular basis. I am also employed this summer by a wonderful company, (Hello QLN)full of people who are very understanding and sympathetic. In fact, they are working the logistics of my early arrival (not to mention the logistics of finding and transporting my replacement) as I write this.

So I am confident that it will all work out. I take the GRE on Wednesday, which I am not at all looking forward to, but after that, it is smooth sailing to Singapore.

Tags: spanish visa

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.