Existing Member?

WildSide... My trip through Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand... Qui audet adipiscitur!!!!

Is this a sign?

USA | Tuesday, 4 November 2008 | Views [266]

I got the passport...finally! I got it back from the Thailand consulate on Friday...I leave tomorrow on Tuesday....but now Hanoi, Vietnam is flooded! There are stories on the New Hanoian about people fishing in the streets! I bought some iodine tablets to purify water...and curiously, some tablets to neutralize the taste? Okaaay. There has been some loss of life according to the bbc...so it is serious. I contacted my hotel and they reassured me that everything is fine...but would they really warn me if it wasn't? I'm going to throw caution to the wind on this one and just go...because I've been working toward this goal for months upon months! If it is really crazy...I'll hop on whatever takes me out of a bad situation; raft made out of pool noodles, styrofoam bowls, and my bathrobe as a sail or something.

 A LOT of people are going to be reading this...and I've got to say thank you so much! To all my co-workers on Capitol Hill thank you, specifically, for making an unbearable situation bearable (especially you, boo...the one I protected from the sugar-crazed children of the corn with my fists on Halloween!), to all my ex-co-workers in Alaska that still like to check up on me, my friends (thanks for the couch!), my family, and Stephe, Landlord/Mentor (your advice was priceless)! I hope to add some cool photos along the way for people to enjoy!!!

Tags: getting started

About lavaladyak


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.