Existing Member?

Adventures of Laurie and Matt

Swimming with Nemo and Friends

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 20 October 2010 | Views [333]

After our trip to Cape Trib we were back down to Cairns to do our Great Barrier Reef Tour, we were a bit sceptical because the weather was a bit on and off and if its cloudy you don't see the colours of the reef as brightly. We kept our fingers crossed and hoped for the best. We were very lucky that day, when we were on the mainland the clouds came over and out to sea was looking little promising either.

But since the journey to get to a small sand island was nearly 3 hours long we managed to beat the clouds and the sun came out!


When we were snorkelling just of the sand island where we saw absolutely loads of fish, huge parrot fish, sting rays and just managed to get a glance of a white tipped reef shark swimming past, it was very impressive.

After this we had our lunch and sailed to a reef called 'Paradise Reef' which the boat we were on was the only boat allowed to go there, it was bliss.

We got a bit carried away looking at all the fish and had to get called by the staff to say we were the last to get on the boat.


We then were on our way back to shore, we then had some more snacks to eat and drink to get our energy back. It was very rough on the way back to land and there were many people running to the back of boat, which of course included me (Laurie) – who promised she was fine at the time then five minutes later running to the back on the boat.


All in all it was a fantastic day and an experience of a life time we will never forget!

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.