Existing Member?

Daniel Greece, (program of education for make benefit beautiful nation of Australia)

Day 45

ITALY | Monday, 18 January 2010 | Views [216]

actually had some quality sleep last night.

woke up to a free cappucino and a croissant, gotta love this hostel.

we headed over the ancient part of the city today. did the guided tour with our sleezy tourguide roberto, haha, he was a classic. the tour was well worth doing, lots of info. the colloseum was one of the coolest things ive seen so far. so much of it is still in great condition. but the bloody church has taken all the marble and limestone, to make bloody churches, you could imagine how good it would look if they had left it in place.

we then went to the palatine hill, and saw the ramains of the emperors pallace, mousolini's summer house, the forum and a whole bunch of ancient roads and ruins, did another guided tour, this time with a kiwi guide. also really cool, a definite highlight of the trip.

we planned to do a pubcrawl tonight, but we messed around and missed it, so we just caught up with sam's ex claudia, grabbed a beer and a gelati and saw some sights a night.

loving rome so far.

About lannigan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.