Existing Member?

Let go, let flow

Red Velvet Cheesecake

USA | Sunday, 13 June 2010 | Views [192]

They said they would give 25 cents to a charity for each cheesecake sold in the month of July. Our bill was $559. I was the only one who ordered the red velvet cheesecake. But, I wanted it, and the company paid so it didn't matter.

But what about the other months, other than July?

I use the money, but it's not mine. I work, but not hard enough to deserve what is given so easily. Is it my guilt that gets me? Or is it my awareness, is it my ignorance of the corporate world or maybe it is my belief in the potential for people beyond monetary definitions. Simple living, can I simply live or am I in constant battle with my conscience.

Shouldn't we recycle the books? What about these left-overs and can we give this away instead of throwing it away and maybe we can buy compostable silverware? 

More than I made in two months gone in a simple dinner. It is not in your face, there was no one asking me for anything outside the restaurant. There were no families on the street.

The convenience of America lies not only in ATMs, laundry machines, car culture, grocery stores and mega malls, the convenience is also in thought. You aren't forced to see the contrasts, you are not forced think. To think about what could or should be done. For the potential of a family to see the slow growth that could come if you invested in a cow, or a person or a possibility, instead of dinner and cheesecake.  

About lakisarah


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.