Existing Member?

Let go, let flow

Dear America,

USA | Sunday, 4 July 2010 | Views [153]

Dear America, 

I know I should call you USA, but America just sounds better. I know we've been together a while, and I keep leaving you to see and do other things. But, I wanted to let you know - on your birthday, that you will always have a special place in my heart. Even if I don't tell you I miss you, or even if the parts I miss aren't you, but me with you. Or the way the food tastes unadapted to your palate. 

Maybe it is because there is so much all rolled into one you. In different locations our experiences are varied and I don't even know all sides of you. Just East and West, but not the heartland.

You'll always have a special place in my heart, because you helped raise me. We grew up together. Whether it was the pop culture, the movies we watched over and over or the freedom to dress however we saw fit. The years that molded me were spent with you.

You always showed me new places, took me on different adventures. From hot springs, to desert, to mountains to lakes and rivers you always astounded me with your beauty.

Wishing us both a sense of independence.

About lakisarah


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.